Monday, January 23, 2012

Obsessed

Lately I just cant seem to stop listening to Grimes, Austra or The Hundred in the Hands.  I posted a video from Austra back in June.  So I'll save a video from them for last ...

Canadian musician Claire Boucher aka Grimes is ethereal, cute and moody. I can't get enough...this appeals to the angst ridden gay boy of my youth..or the moody thirty year old man of my present..whatever.  Press Play...I'll go smoke a clove.



Brooklyn based duo Jason Friedman and Eleanor Everdell make up The Hundred in the Hands, they first grabbed my attention when their song Commotion played on rotation at work.  When I heard Eleanors voice inflections I instantly thought of Siouxie Sioux.  I hate comparing the the two because they are completely different, and there really is no comparison.  Anyhow..watch The Hundred in the Hands live below...



...and just 'cause I love them so much, Toronto based Austra with a video for their song Lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment